Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where has January gone.........

Goodness, this month had flown by. Next thing you know Christmas will be right around the corner!!
I hope everyone has had a great 2009 so far. We certainly have!!
The boys are currently in the middle of their basketball season. Both are doing well. Troy has gotten a lot more aggressive than last year(he was actually growling at the other team last game - weird, I know). He did make his 1st basket a few games ago. Zachary is still the same 'ol Zachary. Mellow and laid back......he has gotten some shots off but hasn't made any baskets as of yet. Although he did draw a foul last game. Watch out for him, he's a beast :) You know they say it's always the quiet one's........
The boys just had their 100th day of school. They are both doing well. Zachary got 5 A's and 1 B on his report card. Much better than the 5 B's and 1 A he got the last time. Troy did well on his report card also. Zachary will be going on a field trip to the Desoto Caverns next month - sounds like it should be fun. Who wouldn't think riding on a bus for 2 hours with a bunch of 5th graders fun......I can't wait :)
Well, since Zachary is in the 5th grade this year they have a lot of special activities. This year they are having a 5th grade dance. All year long Zachary and his friends have been making plans on who they were going to ask to the dance. Zachary told us Sunday that he was going to ask Brianna. I know most all of his friends but not her. She just moved here this year from Mobile. Anyway, he came home last night and he said he did ask her...........to be his girlfriend!!and she said yes...... I thought he was just going to ask her to the dance. Guess he had other plans!! Anyway, I guess I'll meet her on the field trip, if they're still "dating" then. You know how those 5th grade romances are.
Baseball registration starts this weekend.......think I'll wait until the very last minute. It's not like I just have $235 laying around........the boys better be working hard for the money this year!! I expect to see some home runs!! HA HA!!
I hope everyone has a blessed week!!
I'll post again soon.........I hope.......

No comments: